What We Can Do for You
With close to 30 years of experience, we are widely known and respected within our market. We use a rigorous, research-based executive search approach to identifying and recruiting top lawyers.
Specific needs…? A Tailored solution!
The changing landscape for recruiters has been addressed by Shore & Associates with an innovative approach to providing Tailored/Special Arrangement recruitment services to our clients. With the same professionalism and commitment to results, these unbundled recruitment efforts are custom-tailored to meet your very specific (and sometimes more limited) needs. These services are budget-friendly, efficient, and leverage our skills in market mapping, sourcing, screening and candidate attraction.
Please contact us directly for further details.
Permanent Legal Search
We search for the right associate, partner, legal counsel, general counsel or corporate secretary who is not only best aligned with your business strategy but who will also best fit your organizational culture.
Our past mandates range from recruiting individual lawyers to building a team of lawyers who together form the credibility and bench strength needed to distinguish the firm.
In addition, our knowledge of the legal market means you should contact us if you are one of the following:
- Our extensive market knowledge and contacts in the Montreal legal community help us to attract and/or provide senior level expertise for partners or groups of partners/ lawyers seeking a transition.
- If you are a partner seeking a move, we can help you evaluate your current firm platform and book of business on a very personal and completely confidential basis. We can help guide you as you look long term to best exploit your strengths and develop your practice.
- We have extensive experience with associates making a lateral move.
- Extremely knowledgeable about the current legal market, cultures, practice areas and trends, we can offer invaluable advice and mentoring regarding succeeding and thriving in your current role or finding the right fit with a different employer.
Counsel/ In-House counsel
- We have recruited lawyers for in-house opportunities including Legal Counsel, Senior Legal Counsel and General Counsel.
- Our knowledge of different industries has allowed us to launch legal departments, expand existing in-house teams or assist with a group’s reorganization.
We created Jurisflex to assist in helping you find specialized lawyers on contract to address defined-term mandates. Jurisflex aims to redefine the legal marketplace by offering a flexible online platform where clients and lawyers connect:
- by providing clients a more efficient, cost-effective and seamless process to recruit lawyers for short-term legal needs
- by facilitating the identification of pertinent, interesting opportunities for lawyers seeking contract mandates
We have a dedicated database of readily available qualified lawyers. They are available for contract assignments only to provide timely and cost-effective solutions for major law firms or corporations.
Examples of where using Jurisflex may be the best solution include:
- Undertaking a unique one-time project that requires short-term, dedicated focus
- Assisting a litigation team with document and research support
- Complementing a due diligence team
- Supporting an over-loaded corporate in-house legal team
- Replacing an attorney away on parental/ extended leave.
Shore is your firm of choice for your legal recruitment because:
- With uncompromised discretion and professionalism, we actively elicit interest from the best qualified lawyers, including those not necessarily seeking a change.
- We conduct individual interviews with each potential candidate before making a recommendation.
- Our insight, candour and integrity are key in matching the right lawyer with the appropriate opportunity.
- While our database holds an enviable collection of legal talent, we treat each mandate as unique.
Read more about our mandates.
To send your CV/ résumé click here.
To view Current Opportunities click here.
Returning to Montreal?
You studied, trained or even practiced in Montreal but decided to pursue a career elsewhere. If you are now thinking of returning and wondering how best to approach the market, please contact Barbara Shore.